2010-10-23

Make No Bones About It.

This week has been part I of my 2-week Halloween lesson at the Cram school (all month at the JHS) and we wrote our names using a Zombie alphabet (we used up a lot of "k"s and "a"s, every kid seems to have one or two of these in their names.)


Then we went over body parts by colouring in the bones of a skeleton and encircling the body part name with the same coloured pencil. (I was rather proud to see one 10-year old flinch with a chill up her spine.) 


Afterwards, we reviewed what we'd learned using my luminescent skeleton and since it gets dark here really early, it can get quite creepy.


I went to a fairly posh Italian restaurant with birthday-boy, Alex and another friend and since I didn't have a companion, I broke out Gaikotsu-Gayle (骸骨=gaikotsu=skeleton) and propped her up in an adjoining chair. She barely touched her meal and I had to force-feed her some pizza. The waitress was quite amused.


どくろの怪  (Dokuro no Kai) means Mystery Skull. In the town of Fukuhara in Hyougo-Ken, one can encounter this enormous skull surrounded by innumerable smaller ones.


I'm going to keep an eye out for this book, which means Bloody Skull Mother!

2 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Very cool! Looks like you had some fun there! :)

Love the mystery skull....off to find out more about it.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

Michael Jones said...

If I had found out more about the Mystery Skull, I would have linked to it. I googled it in both English & Japanese with minimal success. Dokuru does share a name with an Ultraman villain, so he's easy to find.
Good luck...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails