2016-11-09

Believe in Godzilla.

This is not exactly the happiest day of the year, so at times like this, it's best to believe in something. I choose to believe in Godzilla. For those who need a bit of cheering up, here are some nifty-looking Kaiju from past Gojira movies to aid in your recovery.

Starting with the original from '54, it's Gojira himself.


Next his latest incarnation, Shin-Gojira.


His greatest nemesis, King Ghiddorah.




Our next guest is Mothra, a frenemey of the Big G.




One of the wackiest names for a giant robot has to be Jet Jaguar. He helped Godzilla battle the tag-team of Megalon and Gigan.




This psychedelic swarming swamp of sewage is Hedorah. I have a great fondness for it and this mini-keychain captures his essence well.


Here is Hedorah's butt.


Biollante was the first movie of the Heisei era that I was able to see and I instantly fell in love with this flowery clone.




This dancing pair of titans are the stars of War of the Gargantuas, Sanda and his more violent "brother", Gaira.

and here are their butts.


I was lucky enough to catch Atragon the other day on the tube. Here we have the serpentine dragon known as Manda embracing the vessel, Gotengo (轟天号 or Roaring Heaven). This is my favourite of this set of characters.




Sadly, I drained this particular Gatcha-Capsule machine of all its contents and was unable to acquire Mecha-Godzilla. If anyone ever sees one out there, please grab me one!



As you can see, the above are not your normal looking figures. That's because they were carved in the style of 墨絵 (sumie or ink paintings). I scammed a couple off the internet to show you the style in question.


Another Godzilla item that I picked up recently is this Face Mask. I didn't open it and apply it because I want to save it for a rainy day. (Also my beard gets in the way.) Once I do use it, you'll be the first to see it!


Cheer up everyone, put your faith in Godzilla!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails