2017-07-25

Wood of the Dead.

I'm about a week late in paying tribute to Horror-meister, George Romero and to actor extraordinaire, Martin Landau who both passed away (or have they?) on July 15th, 2017. The reason for the delay is because I didn't have any movie pamphlets for George and I couldn't find my Ed Wood pamphlet for Martin. That was rectified yesterday when I stumbled across the pamphlet for Romero's fourth of six Dead movies, Land of the Dead.


Land of the Dead is not a very good movie, but it does have a very good pamphlet.











Like I said before, it's not a great movie, though I thoroughly enjoyed the over-the-top performances of both Dennis Hopper and John Leguizamo (and kudos to myself for spelling his name correctly.) Hopefully, I'll be able to track down some of the other Dead movies as well.

I managed to locate my Ed Wood pamphlet and it, too, is a joy. Lots of cast photos and the majority of them feature Landau as Lugosi.


Without Tim Burton, we wouldn't have a movie, so here we have him relaxing on the set.


And without Ed Wood, we wouldn't have a reason for the movie.


Here are some original posters for a few of his movies.




Here are some of the original Ed Wood troupe.


And now several pics of the Oscar-winning Bela, Mr. Martin Landau!








The rest of the cast is wonderful as well...



Especially Johnny Depp as Ed.


Rest in Peace, George & Martin. Please no rising from the grave, okay!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails