2017-09-30

Happy Pseudo Fake Birthday To ME!

Yesterday was St. Michael's Day and though that may not mean much to the rest of you out there, it used to be the date upon which my birthday was celebrated. Being a Christmas baby, my parents decided to honour me with a fake birthday once I entered school so that I'd be able to have a birthday party like the rest of the kids instead of spending my Christmas/birthday with just my family. (At home of course since every restaurant was closed for the Holiday!) Unfortunately my sister was born on October 1st thus my celebration got shunted yet again and by the time I was 10 or so, everyone had forgotten about All Angels Day as my Birthday ... except for me!

I tried to find something suitable to act as a present for me yesterday yet wasn't struck by anything in particular. So today, I made a few purchases that will act as my birthday gifts.
(Michael, aren't these things that you would have bought anyway?
Quiet you!)

First on the list is Spock wielding a traditional Vulcan weapon (scroll down to Lirpa at that link) bought in Kitakami and photographed on the Shinkansen.


Spock is a Mystery Mini courtesy of Funko's Science Fiction vinyl figure collection.


I was initially disappointed that I didn't get Batman, Aquaman nor Wonder Woman but on closer inspection, I rather like this Commissioner Gordon.


I also picked up a TsumTsum villain sticker at the cinema.


I also landed a Thor Tsumtsum to go along with my Loki.


Since stacking them in two looks a tad rude, I'll put him in a threesome with Ironman.


I noticed that Stan Lee has his own Gatcha-Capsule! He is the last one I ever expected to see get his own capsule.

I was lucky enough to get the best one so now I don't have to spend 300 yen each trying to spell his name. (If my Capsule-connection is selling these, I'll ask him for the entire set.)


Here is the rest of the series, click on the picture to Excelsior-ize it.


I was inspecting the UFO Catcher for any potential Halloween goodies when I espied a ザリガニ (zarigani or crayfish) that looked easy to snag. (Spoiler Alert: it wasn't.)


I was about to give up when I landed not just one crayfish but a whole draught of them! (I had to look up that collective noun.) I also scored some of his fellow crustaceans, a whole cast of crabs aka.  かに (kani or is it UNcanny?).


20 in total for just a few bucks.


I felt that since I'd scammed so many, I might as well continue fishing and got a few perch and a tuna.


 I treated myself to dinner at Big Boy so I'd say my Pseudo-fake Birthday wasn't so bad after all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails