2023-06-09

My Date with Cate.

I was driving back from Koriyama last week (2 weeks ago? Time flies.) with a friend, listening to Movie Ticket Radio out of  Chicago and Tom Jones sang "She's a Lady." The "dj" rhymed off a dozen movies in which that song was sung, including Pushing Tin in 1999. "Hey," I said to myself, "I'm in that movie!" So I watched it online, for I'd never seen it. Here's a sampling.

Director Mike Newell had seated all us extras in and around the STAR and we enjoyed a flight while she lamented on her life choices. I vaguely recognized the STAR and later learned that she was destined to be a 7-time nominee and twice winner of the Academy Award! The STAR delivered her monologue and later spoke with John Cusack on the phone. (He literally phoned in his performance, he was in LA at the time!) If you look at these two pictures, you can distinctly not see me.


Here you can see the muted STAR in action. I am sitting right behind her (HONESTLY!) although the fine director left any cameo of me on the cutting room floor.


IF you can espy me, let me know. 
So I can now add STAR, Cate Blanchett, to my list of celebrities with whom I share a Kevin Bacon Number  Six Degrees of Separation Number of ONE. Thus, I am two numbers away from Peter Jackson and everyone else who has starred with Cate. (I suppose I share a ONE with the director as well and therefore all the cast of Four Weddings and a Funeral.) One of these days, I need to make a list of my ONEs. 
My Kevin Bacon Number, by the way, is a THREE. I was in Blues Brothers 2000 with John Landis directing. He also directed Kevin Bacon in Animal House. That's OUR connection.

So congrats to all of you who know me, you all have a Number TWO with Cate!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails