2007-09-12

Mmmm, Sukiyaki Django.


The latest hot movie in North America is a Western called 3:10 to Yuma starring Batman & Cinderella Man (now that's a Dynamic Duo!) It's taken the #1 spot away from Rob Zombie's Halloween and that must be some accomplishment. Check out the site and see what all the hubbub is bub.



But this western looks pretty damned cool, too. スキヤキ・ウエスタン ジャンゴ, (a remake of an old Spaghetti Western, Django) is directed by 三池 崇史 (Takeshi Miike) so you know it's going to be violent. Surprisingly, the dialogue will all be in English! Less surprisingly, Quentin Tarantino has a cameo in it. Let's hope his previous super-sucky onscreen portrayals were a fluke and he's actually good in this.



You can always play the game if you're so inclined. (Type what you see on the screen to shoot the bad guys. Warning: it is case sensitive, so you must Capitalize letters, but you don't have to worry about the space bar.) I made it to level four before I died. The theme song that plays when you visit the site is extremely catchy. It has now become my screen saver.

By the way, my mom used to make Sukiyaki when we were kids. It was pretty yummy, though I suspect it wasn't totally authentic. For one thing, I don't think you should use Uncle Ben's Instant Rice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like a Sukiyaki (Ue o muite arukoo) song.

Ue o Muite Aruko (I Look Up When I Walk; "Sukiyaki" in the West), was released in Japan in 1961. After its release in the U.S. in 1963

do u know this song?

Michael Jones said...

I don't think I've ever heard it. If you find a copy, send it to me...

Anonymous said...

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=jRm-gMhkGwU

【Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto】
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=TVIddibrWAM

check it out!! :)

I love this song.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails