2007-09-20

Rick, You've Got to Hide Me!


One of the more memorable Peter Lorre lines whined out by him is from Casablanca when he needs Rick's help to hide him after he's stolen some exit visas. Here's another quote:

Louis: Rick, there are many exit visas sold in this café, but we know that you've never sold one. That is the reason we permit you to remain open.
Rick: I thought it was because I let you win at roulette.
Louis: That is another reason.

Fortunately, I don't need to bribe Claude Rains to get an exit visa, but today after a modicum of Red Tape, was granted an extension visa. So Japan will be stuck with me for at least another 3 years...(Lucky them.)





I can't believe I've been here for almost 8 years! So here is the amazing Paul Dooley crooning "As Time Goes By".













I do an acceptable version of this at Karaoke, but I can't hold a candle to him. Ya know, after copying a few pics from the DVD, I think I'll watch it again now!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails