2007-12-11

Santa-San Is Coming to Town.

'Tis a few weeks before Christmas and all through Sendai, there's a creature who's stirring, yes it's me as that guy.

Last week was a work-related 忘年会 (bonenkai or "forget the year gathering") where all the teachers gather for a meal, lots of booze and some general silliness. Most of the younguns get up and perform a skit, often involving cross-dressing but yours truly is above such ribaldry. Instead, I donned my red cap & beard and belted out a few tunes a cappella style.












This year I sang "Joy to the World" in Japanese, "Let it Snow" and, of course, "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" much to the delight of the masses. It was a blast, but since I had another obligation, I didn't partake in any follow-up party with my co-workers. By chance at 3:00 in the morning, I did meet up with one rather inebriated fellow, but we went our separate ways.













On Sunday past, I helped out Aussie-Ando at his school out in the sticks in Ayashi. I again suited up to distribute presents to about 2 dozen of his students and to allow a photo-op for parents to snap their loved ones. Before that, I regaled them with "Rudolf" in Japanese and English and encouraged them to sing along (some actually did.)













Tomorrow, I will once again participate as Santa in the "Tohoku Canada - Japan Society" with Alex as my trusty sidekick, Treeboy. Then on the 21st I'm sure I'll be wearing the outfit again for our Echophonyk X-mas event, maybe once again on the 22nd at Ernies and definitely on the 23rd at Shaft for our Pirate Charity event.

More details to follow...

2 comments:

DJ MIXTURE said...

Nice photos Mr Santa!! Ho Ho Ho!

Anonymous said...

good job!!
looks like real Santa!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails