2007-12-20

Pocky Art.

Pocky's latest marketing ploy is to take their infamous Almond Crush line and give them an artistic box. The Crush shares the same skinny cookie center, but it's been generously rolled in nuts, then double-dipped in thick, rich chocolate.

First, I got Tournesols (1889) a while back. I'm guessing that "Tournesols" means Sunflowers, and the Japanese love their sunflowers over here, which they call
"ひまわり" (himawari).














If you can get all six, you'll enjoy works by Van Gogh, Klimt, Manet, Monet and two by Renoir. I saw the Klimt, but I'm not familiar with his work, so I didn't bother grabbing it. Haven't seen the Manet or Monet works yet.

I just picked up Renoir's Petite fille a la gerbe (1888). Alas, I can't translate the Japanese, but I think it means "Little Girl of Gerber".





I don't think I'll bother trying to track the others down, but I am looking forward to sharing my booty with my Echophonyk buddies this weekend during one of my several parties.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails