2009-11-27

You're A Mean One, Mr. Gurinchi.


I can find next to no information about one of my favourite Karloffian roles, that of グリンチ. There is tons of information about the lame Howard-helmed, Carrey-starring Gurinchi and if you click that link, you can find several examples of the movie and related merchandise but nothing about the classic Chuck Jones anime narrated by Boris. Be sure to visit Day 4 of the Boris Blogathon and search around to find more Grinchy Goodness!






I have my own well-worn VHS copy that I've used as a teaching aid on occasion but it's difficult to translate some of the Seussier language into Japanese. On the other hand, I would rather not find a copy of this video over here for they'd be certain to dub over the dulcet tones of Mr. Karloff's narration and ruin it!








I would love to read a translation of Dr. Seuss's グリンチ in Japanese. I'm sure it's quite bizarre! Though it's been my experience that the "must translate everything" Japanese students I've had just don't get Seuss.

I did manage to find an imported version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas dvd in English with a review in Japanese, but that's about it. Of course I could also find グリンチ for Gameboy but I haven't played any Gameboy since I left Canada and I suspect you can find it overseas as well.

I am rather impressed by this artist's renditions of some Whovillians that I felt I must share them with you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails