2018-01-18

The Bogeyman!

First of all, my apologies for my long absence from the blogosphere. No particular reason, just laziness and a lack of topics I suppose.

Why am I back tonight? Because I learned that today is the 84th birthday of Raymond Briggs.


He has been a favourite of mine since I first read Fungus the Bogeyman.


I never knew it was adapted for the BBC a few years back. Here's a sneak peek.




Another book I'd read and later watched is When the Wind Blows. It's a lovely little ditty about the end of the world and if Trump and his pal Rocket Man have their way, it may come to fruition.

I just happen to have found a copy of the Animated Film's pamphlet a few weeks back and have been waiting for a chance to showcase it. Here are several of the colourful pics scammed from it.












And some monochrome ones.
















This is from the back cover. A rather apocalyptic update of the front cover.


If you don't have a copy of the book handy and you can read Japanese, then this blog can help you out. If you can track down the video in Japanese, good for you. Here's a sneak preview:



I never knew that it had been adapted for stage, it would have been amazing to see it in Japanese.



Last week was the second anniversary of David Bowie's passing and it just so happens that there's a Bowie song in this movie.



If you click the Briggs label, you can find snippets of Raymond's Snowman as well.

Wait a sec, it's also A.A Milne's birthday! Dang, I don't have anything prepared for him.
Ah Pooh!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails