2018-07-15

Marvelous.

I went to the MARVEL Age of Heroes exhibit yesterday and was swung back to my childhood with memories of the comics I once had or wished that I did.


Unfortunately, photos are a no-no so I couldn't capture the key issues that were on display, you'll just have to go see for yourself. It starts off with a video introduction by none other than Stan Lee himself and then showcases Marvel's history, its Cosmic heroes, its Global heroes and its Local heroes. Each section has several origin or #1 issues on display as well as storyboard art of splash pages by the original artists. Furthermore, there are busts and figures and models and mannequins and costumes of their most famous heroes and villains.

I scammed these two photos from the website (link above).



A few photos are permitted, such as...


You don't even need to pay admission to see the Hulk. He's on display in the lobby.


IronMen.





REVISION: I returned to the exhibition so I could act as a tour guide for a friend. I didn't snap this picture before.


The second floor features images and info on Cinematic Marvel




You have to look closely at this statue to notice the tiny Wasp near his shoulder.



I almost nabbed the Wasp for myself.


This is also in the lobby on the way out. A nice way to end the show.

I wandered through the 2nd floor gift shop and they took so long trying to confirm my credit card that I missed out on shopping on the 2st floor. Darn, there was so much more cool stuff down there!



There are also several pieces of artwork for sale but they're a tad out of my price range.



There are a ton of Funkos available though there are NO exclusives nor are there any bargains to be had here.



I may go back soon to see if their supplies have diminished. I may pick up an Ant-Man to go along with my Giant-Man.




These Gurihiru figures were new to me. I managed to get the series of Gatcha figures but at 1404 yen each, I wasn't about to try and get them all.



REVISION: I got Black Widow!



Although Black Widow and Hawkeye are new. I may have to try for them after all.


These buttons are pricey as well, they feature a classic comic cover and a little badger badge as well I got Rocket, I'm not disappointed.


Finally I tried my luck at grabbing one of the rarer Mystery Minis but unfortunately I go two helmeted Hulks!


They tossed a freebie in my bag and I was hoping for something unique and awesome. Unfortunately, all it is was a copy of the latest Hot Toys and Funko catalogs. More stuff that I can't afford and have no room for anyway.




When you do go (and I highly recommend you do), be sure to keep the ticket given to you on the second floor. They stamp it and if you go to the Marvel Pop Up store that will be opening in S-Pal on July 26th for a few weeks, they'll stamp it as well and you should be able to get a prize of some kind.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails