2019-02-19

Kuru-Kuru!

Do you remember Weebles? Those egg-shaped characters that couldn't fall down? Japan has recently released their own version called Coo'nuts. It's a potentially poorly named brand if you're a tad racist, otherwise the name comes from its Peanut shape and its roly-poly nature, kuru-kuru.

I first got a Disney-Girls one on sale and landed Tinkerbell.


A few days, later I took a trip to Fukushima and discovered Marvel Coo'nuts. I bought as many as I could at that convenience store and went to several other Conbini as well that day. But alas, I couldn't complete my set. It wasn't until a few weeks later that I found them at a Supermarket and managed to score my missing Gamora and Thanos.


They're so wobbly, it's difficult to take a proper photo, so I scammed one from the website.


Click the link above for a few more pics.

For your amusement, I made a little video of my 'Nuts in action.



When I first learned of the term Kuru-Kuru, it reminded me of a famous Canadian tune:



There are several other brands of Coo'Nuts, such as Peanuts (natch), Doraemon, Pokemon and Minions. Check 'em out!

REVISION!
I'd forgotten that I'd purchased this a few weeks ago and just opened it now. I am NOT disappointed in scoring Marcie.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails