2023-08-09

It's a Date!

Date Masamune, that is. After a day of lessons and Tanabata, I drove over to Date Masamune's Golden Mausoleum (Zuihoden) in order to check out the special Tanabata Night Light-up event


It was a 7-minute drive from where I was parked and I'm glad I decided to drive rather than park. FREE PARKING (with admission)! I arrived at 5:00 and then wandered around.










Here there be Dragons!

 





 

Dragon waterspouts.



A couple of flautists playing 篠笛 (Shinobue). They were Noh good.


Yet another Dragon.

I took a short video of the fue-flutes but the sound was barely audible. Even so, I hung around until 7:00 because I heard there'd be a concert. At 7:10, I asked and the concert was way across the compound in the forest. So...I went there.

Alas, NO photography or sharing of the group, Apolonita, an accordion/harp duet. 

Picture this video in the middle of a spooky Mausoleum forest.







Here's a brief history lesson of the place. Click to embiggen and you just might learn something.






I must admit that attending Zuihoden at night was a tad eerie, yet I'm glad I did. It's only open past 5:00 during Tanabata.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails