2006-09-20

Wouldn't You Like to be a Pepper Too?

I haven't posted a video clip in a while (I'm trying to cut down, it's lazy posting) but this is a good one. The "Big G" sells out...





















Want to hear an interesting Dr. Pepper story? (No choice...) Back in the late 70's/ early 80's, David Naughton sang & danced his way through a bunch of ads and they were very catchy. Back in my Psychology days, I attended a workshop on "Sexism in the Media" or some such nonsense. These media watchdogs would watch commercials frame-by-frame to be sure we weren't infected by any subliminal messages. Well, they showed a reel of a whack of ads and one of them was one of these "I'm a Pepper" bits and there were a bunch of cheerleaders. Sure enough one of the cheerleaders who was being swung in the air by David was NOT wearing any panties and in their vigilance, the hawks caught it. The commercial was yanked. I raised my hand and offered an interesting tidbit for their perusal. After Mr. Naughton starred in "An American Werewolf in London" (my favourite lycanthropic flick), he was axed due to the graphic violence in the movie and the fact that he ran starkers through the zoo baring his bum. I guess the producers of Dr. Pepper aren't very good at turning the other cheek!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails