2009-12-13

Ghost Dance!


Two years ago, they did a live action version of ゲゲゲの鬼太郎 (GeGeGe no Kitaro), hiring a pop star ウエンツ瑛士 (Uentsu Eiji) of the group WaT) as Kitaro and 井上 真央 (Inoue Mao) as the human he protects from various Yokai and demons. I was the only foreigner who screened it on opening night and though I could only figure out about 20% of what was going on, I thoroughly enjoyed it. If you can stomach the boyish good looks of the star, it's worth checking out.



I recently picked up a copy of the Movie Magazine for 50¥ and here are some highlights of it including cast and characters and some GeGeGe history in b&w.


























My favourite character in the manga and in the movie is 猫娘 (Neko-Musume) portrayed by 田中麗奈 (Rena Tanaka)










This is a much more interesting YouTube than the above:


I kind of like this Karaoke version with Vietnamese subtitles. Sing along...




Some pretty cool GeGeGe Goodies.












Finally, here are the closing credits with a wacky Ghost Dance that far outweighs any Thriller...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails