2015-08-19

Yvonne is Gone!

Alas, it is my duty to report the passing of Yvonne Craig, aka Batgirl, the Orion Slave Girl and dozens of other roles. I am truly saddened by her loss and I offer my condolences to her family, friends and fathom of fans.


I'm further upset that I don't have much Batgirl paraphernalia apart from the above. I usually give them to my friend Yfan Hsu who has taken on the anglicized name of Yvonne. Upon hearing this, I immediately dubbed her Batgirl. For example, I gave her this just the other day.


Here is Yvonne et al. during a rousing Yahtze match!






Anyway, back to Yvonne Craig. Her most famous role is the aforementioned Batgirl though you can find dozens of more pics and videos on this page.



Watch the above video and let's sing along to the BATGIRL THEME

Batgirl, Batgirl!
Batgirrl, Batgirl!
Where do you come from, where do you go?
What is your scene, baby, we just gotta know.
Batgirrl, Batgirl!
Batgirrl, Batgirl!
Are you a chick who fell in from outer space?
Or are you real with a tender warm embrace?
Yaaa, whose baby are you?
Batgirl, Batgirl!
Yaaa, whose baby are you?
Batgirl!
 
Here are several Batgirl Team-ups that I wish were a reality. 

Fortunately, we're not including this Batgirl!


I imagine I first became aware of her in the third season of Batman.  Back then though, my little 8-year old frame wasn't certain why I found her character so enticing. After the final season of that show, she went on to the Star Trek episode, Whom Gods Destroy, as the Orion Slave Girl and at age 9, I do believe, I developed my first crush. Perhaps 'twas the green of the Orion Marta or maybe I first figured out that the female figure was more than just Marcia Brady

Farewell, dear Yvonne, you'll be sorely missed.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails