2017-06-21

Not So Innocent.

Last night I saw a new J-Horror movie by Takashi Shimizu (most famous for Juon or The Grudge) entitled Kodomo tsukai or Innocent Curse.




To give you some perspective, here's a teaser...



and a trailer.



Anyone who's ever worked with 4-year old kids, realizes just how creepy they can be and how capable they could be of murdering their abusers. Add in a Pied Piper who controls the little urchins and it just enhances the creepiness. I'm not going to reveal the secret behind him, but he did remind me of Gorgan from the Classic Star Trek episode, And the Children Shall Lead

The kids even attacked me, fortunately I escaped in time to go see the movie.


This movie has everything, creepy kids and their mentor, a circus, clowns, a dummy, a horrible gaijin, a plucky day care worker, an intrepid reporter and an eerie earworm. It's a ton of fun and due to the director's clout and its success at a few film fests, I have no doubt that this movie will be released overseas, though most likely it'll be remade in a whitewashed version.

Here are a bunch of photos I scammed from a promo site.



These two child actors were really good. Chances are pretty good that they'll either become great little actors, or be traumatized for life.










 Ring around the director.


This is Mugi Kadowaki, the plucky Day Care Worker with a haunted past.


These cats play an important role as well.

It looks like I'm going to have to haunt the UFO Catcher machines and seek out these straps!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails