2020-10-25

Don't Turnip Your Nose at This.

So much for getting anything done. Since early morning, I ended up watching 7 movies in a row thanks to a Facebook Stream. I did accomplish some stuff though, such as transforming a turnip into a Jack o' Lantern. (All Halloweenophiles should know that the Irish would carve turnips into Lanterns and didn't start using pumpkins as their medium until arriving in North America.) So here's my creation.


It as difficult to carve as I expected though it turned out okay, I must say.


I did that during the first movie I watched Norio: The Curse (2005). Pretty good Blair Witch update. I'm going to ask you guys to Google the movies yourself. I'm too lazy to provide a link. The spooky noise in the video above is from the climax. The next movie I watched was Gakidama: The Demon Within (1985), sort of a mishmash of Ghoulies and Critters. I can't tell you what occurred since I snoozed for half of it. Unholy Women (2006) was just wacky with three tales of crazy gals. Pulse (2001) was intriguing though I missed much of the plot while working on a pumpkin.
This was the first pumpkin I've ever carved other than a face. (I did a Spider-Man mask a few years ago, but that's still a head.) Can you figure out which Pokémon character it is?

Lots of guts from a tiny pumpkin. Also, I really didn't plan the lid well so the candle burns the top.



Fortunately the movie kicked in with some spooky music in time to the video.


The other movies I watched and mostly paid attention to were Don't Look Up (1996), One Missed Call (2003) and Exte (2007). I do believe that that last one about killer Hair extensions was my favourite.

Our Yokai now move to North America and here is one from Canada I've never heard of, セドナ or Sedna who is the Inuit God of the Sea. 


Hey, I found a colour version by Shigeru which brings out the majesty of the Aurora Borealis


What? No Sasquatch
That's it for me tonight, I have a weekful of Halloween lessons to rest up for. I'll leave you with a couple of Belgian chocolates I consumed earlier.

 


2 comments:

Guillaume said...

It's easier with a pumpkin, but nice to see a jack done the ancient way.

Michael Jones said...

It was fun to do as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails