2022-11-04

Godzilla IS Culture.

November 3rd is both Culture Day and Godzilla Day in Japan. For Culture Day, I traditionally eat some yogurt, for Godzilla Day I show off my collection of crap. Godzilla Day just happens to coincide with the 68th anniversary of his debut. Funny how that works.


This Godzilla Classic Box is something I stumbled across several months ago though there's a lot inside, so I needed a day off in order to catalog it all. 


Starting with 4 cool long posters.

 

 

Alas, they're a bugger to frame. There is also a copy of a manga from '55 when ゴジラの逆襲 (or its American title, Godzilla Raids Again) was released featuring his tussle with Anguiras. Here are some highlights.

















You also score a model kit. I don't have the patience to assemble it but it is pretty sweet.



There is a little sheet of stickers and a booklet of Bromides. (Click here to learn more about them.)




I shan't be opening these up though I am extremely curious as to what they are.


But I don't really need to look at some more images, for I was given 186 postcard-sized scenes.















Finally, one receives a classic figure of the Big G himself. 



I managed to catch the tail end of the original movie and snapped a few pics of his demise off the tv.







Oops. Spoiler Alert.

In other BIG news, we should be getting a NEW Godzilla movie on this day next year...Woohoo!!
Happy Godzilla Day and/or Culture Day. May he (and we) survive another 68 years.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails