2020-05-23

In the Pink.

Back to Fukushima for some otaku shopping, I paid another visit to the Bikuri Gojira Love Hotel. (Click that for details).


The last time I went, some of the bulbs on the neon sign had burned out so I feared the place had gone out of business. This time, they had replaced the neon so it was more legible. And much to my surprise, it is NOT びくり bikuri (surprise) but rather ぴんくごじら or PINK GOJIRA written in hiragana not the usual katakana! I had misread the sign before.

So here is a new photo with my camera.


And with my friend's camera.




The sign near the entrance remains the same.



Now that we have the improved spelling, it's easy to track down Part 1. Here are some of the Services the place provides. I'll translate them to the best of my ability (with an assist from Google.)


Left column:  Rainbow Pass, Massage Lotion, Carry-on DVD Deck (Bring your own DVDs), Slot Machine, Microwave, Carry-on Refrigerator (Bring your own snacks), shower-toilet, abundant amenities.
Right column: NOT sure what this is: Jet Bus/ Blower Bus Oops Bath not Bus,  42-inch screen tv, Carry-on VTR deck (Bring your own VTR, whatever that is), tv channels (probably naughty), electric pot (probably kettle), conbini box, curling iron, bottled water.

The food menu is typical hotel fare. I just like the picture of Pink Gojira introducing the menu.


Price of a room for an hour: 2800 yen, for two hours: 3880 yen and for a rest (overnight) 4860-5180, more costly on the weekend.
Looking through the hotel guide, there doesn't appear to any Godzilla related goods but if you are a frequent visitor, you can win some prizes, showcased in the lobby. I really wonder what!

Now that I know where it's located, I need to take pictures of Part 1! I wonder if they mind if you stay overnight alone...

Since I was shopping nearby, I didn't buy anything Kaiju related though I was tempted by this Mecha-Godzilla/Evangellion mashup.


When I got home, a notice for a new Lootcrate was waiting for me and I got some goods of interest.


A vampiric squirrel.


Some crypto-coasters.


A Fallout Deathclaw T-Shirt.


A Kong vs. Godzilla lootpin! (I never cared for any of the pins...Until now!


And a Godzilla 1954 Bhunny figure! Now I have to seek out the MechaGodzilla Bhunny...

Just when I was planning on giving up on Lootcrate, they drag me back in!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails