2020-05-18

The Scoop on Scoob! (Spoilers)

The other day I bought a six-pack of Corona for a special occasion and last night was special enough. By the way, this is the first booze I've consumed since Valentines.


No, I didn't watch The Reaping, that was just a movie pamphlet I had handy. I watched Scoob! Now before we go any further, there are innumerable spoilers because I plan to show all the Easter Eggs that I caught throughout the movie. Also, every time I paused the film, I got another drink.


This photo was scammed from the official website linked above. You can play some games by clicking this. If you can figure it out, you can watch it yourself on one of these sites.

If you want to view the teaser trailer...



and the final trailer...



I strongly recommend you do so before continuing because from here on, it's SPOILER TIME!




Spoiling...



Spoiling...



Okay, here we go. Not an Easter Egg per se (from here on EE = Easter Egg), but the first time I giggled in the movie was when the cop referred to the Great Dane as Mr. Dooby Doo.

I noticed that Takamoto Bowling must be a tribute to Iwao Takamoto who worked on Wacky Races and Scooby Doo.


I wish the library had his book.


I noticed that next door to the bowling alley was Mr. Feebles Pet Shop. That is where Magilla Gorilla was always waiting to be adopted/purchased.
As the Mystery Machine drove down the highway, there was a billboard for none other than Squidly Diddly at Bubbleland.



At the Amusement Park, I noticed a video game for Hong Kong Phooey! I never watched it much but I do recall that Scatman Crothers provided his voice.





I initially took a pic of the Hex Girls because of the lineup. The Impossibles, Banana Splits and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kids were also playing. I looked up Hex Girls and sure enough, they showed up as a rock band in an earlier Scooby movie.



I have to admit being unfamiliar with Butch Cassidy. I borrowed this from the interwebs.


I sort of recall that dog. Ah, here are the Banana Splits on a poster.


Oh, there are The Impossibles on the pinball on the left. Apparently they had a show with Shazzan in Japan back in the day.






Ooh, a Frankenstein Jr. game!


Another show I never saw was the Laff-a-Lympics but I do recall the Marvel Comic that Mark Evanier scribed. (Click that link to see the results of the Olympics Laff-a-Lympics.)


The next picture I took is a great shot of Dick Dastardly who just happens to be the antagonist in this movie. Not really a spoiler but I got another beer while this was paused.


A shrine to Muttley. Hmm. I wonder what happened to him?


Oh, Yankee Doodle Pigeon from Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines! (Not to be confused with Wacky Races.)


Speaking of Wacky Races, the Japanese title for that show was ChikiChiki Machine Race or something like that.



And the aviators fly for the Vulture Squadron!


Ah, the medals that Dick would honour Muttley with, snack bone and Muttley's helmet.


Another pause while I broke out my Ultraman sake. (Which would prove to be an error in judgement.)


Ah this one I figured out. Messick Mountain is an obvious tribute to Don Messick who voiced Scooby from his introduction until the 90s. That is confirmed in this link that mentions all the EEs that are tributes to the creators of Scooby Doo


Ah, next up we come across the hairy neanderthal, Captain Caveman.


Not an EE, just a cool skull. No wait, there is an EE here. Captain Caveman refers to it as a Slaghoople. That's the maiden name of Wilma Flintstone.


I must admit, I don't ever recall watching Captain Caveman. When he toots on that turtle, it gave me a Flintstones vibe.





Above Cerberus, below Muttley appears!


And then we get to the end credits. I wonder if I'm related to Fred Jones?


Ooh, could that be Atom Ant,


 Jabberjaw,


and Magilla Gorilla as superheroes?


I do like the name of that store: JINKIES.


Well, apparently they are new recruits to Blue Falcon's Falcon Force.


Whoa, is that Dr. Quest? And did he design R.O.S.I.E who would end up as the maid on The Jetsons?




Oh, a hologram of Frankenstein Jr.!





Hmm. Blue Falcon and Dynomutt look a bit different from when they first met the Scooby gang.




Yay, reunited and room for a sequel...


Woohoo, this would make a nice poster!


Regrettably, by the time I'd finished watching this, I'd consumed four Corona and polished off my sake. I paused it during the end credits and was a little bit sick. I then slept for fourteen hours! A new record! My first booze and my last booze of this month.

Maybe this gal showed up during the music credits. I dunno. 


2 comments:

Bob Johns said...

Man that arcade would be a dream!! And wait a second you have never seen Laff-a-Lympics!! You should dig around to find an episode or two well worth some time. I really had no desire to watch this one but man all those easter eggs has me rethinking. But I will not be drinking lol 14 hours?? Have a great day!

Michael Jones said...

I'll have to dig up some Laff-a-lympics. Thanks for the recommendation. The show was fun, if you can get past the first ten minutes, it's worth your time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails