2019-09-22

Happy Batday to You!

The third Saturday in September has been designated Batman Day and I almost forgot about it! Earlier this week, I had framed my profile pic in the Bat-Signal and here's what it looks like:


Other than that, I'd neglected to do anything batty today until I recalled the date. (I blame the Mad Hatter!) So what I've done is just look around my room without digging through boxes or cupboards and see what Bat-paraphernalia I have sitting around. First up are some Bobbleheads that forewarn me of impending earthquakes.


I have yet to try and assemble this Brickhead, I'm afraid of losing some pieces in the process.


What follows are a few figures I've acquired over the last few years.




Without picking up the display case and jostling my Batmobiles, I've taken a picture from afar.


Unbelievably, the only Funko I have of Batman!


When I was home last spring, I emptied out my storage locker and sold 20 boxes of books. I managed to salvage this novelization.


Not as quite good as Ninja Batman, Samurai Batman runs a close second.


I scored this Big-Little Book-sized book of Detective Comics covers and decided to crack it open.


My favourite ally/foe of Batman is Manbat so I chose 5 Neal Adams covers featuring our Chiropteran friend.






For a serious discussion on Manbat, I suggest you watch this:



In honour of my friend Yvonne who I nicknamed Batgirl, here is her debut.


Finally, my proudest possession is this autographed photo by Adam West!


I've put out a request of my Tokyo pals to try and take a photo of the Bat-Signal as it shines on Shibuya 109, I hope I get some responses. Check out this list for the Bat-Signal nearest you.

REVISION:
I managed to find a pic on the net of the Bat-Signal and here is a link to a countdown to the turn-on!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails