A lovely day so I trekked out to the Garden Centre after work. In the past, there has been these really cool sculptures made from straw* but alas, there were NO such hay-makers to be found this year.
(*click the link above to see some past sculptures.) Here are a couple of those sculptures.
One time, there was even a cool little shrine to Gojira!
But since I was at the garden anyway, I wandered around and snapped some pics of orange roses to add that festive flare.
And some interior displays, including some crafts you can make yourself (YOU can make not that I can make, I'm not very crafty.)
All in all, it was rather disappointing. A couple of cool owls though!
I'm surprised I didn't run into Mandragora. It seems like the kind of creature that would hang around an Agricultural centre.
Of course, a popular item for any witch's brew is Mandrake, and here is a brief description thereof.
I never knew that this dude showed up in Harry Potter. Kind of cute, ain't it?
Here are some details.Snack on these...
Here's another fellow blogger for you to peruse, vraie fiction.

No comments:
Post a Comment