2022-10-10

Hay there!

A few weeks ago, I drove out to see the sea and while I was there, I made myself useful.





I gathered up some refuse that had washed up or been left behind. Some old gal saw my efforts and snapped this photo of me. I may actually have been featured in a newspaper somewhere. She even hauled off my trash which is a good thing because I hadn't thought that far ahead and knew not where to take it. 

Afterwards, I went to a nearby garden center to see if they had any pumpkins (they didn't). They had begun their annual "Sculpt an animal out of hay" contest and I snapped a few photos of the dinosaur skeletons.



They had begun to adorn the T-Rex with hay.


I discovered that opening ceremony would be September 25th, so I made a mental note to return then. Last year, I went there as well and truth to tell, it wasn't all that different. Click that link for previous photos or look at these...


A raptor.



A triceratops. All that is missing is Laura Dern sifting through its poo.


These guys look pretty good just in skeletal form.


And a T-Rex emerging from the ground!



Another T-Rex in all its majestic glory. 




Hey he looks familiar. (See above photo as a work in progress.)


There was also a boar and a bull, same as last year.



This time around, there was the most magnificent sculp I've ever seen. A Mini-Gojira!!


I was disappointed in the complete lack of anything to do with Halloween on display. Maybe I'll have to go back again.

Speaking of Godzilla and art, here is some rice paddy art.

One day, I need to go see these in person.

Speaking of Godzilla, here's a pic a kid drew for me before last summer vacation.


It looks like I missed my midnight deadline again. I spent the day going through boxes and throwing stuff away. It hurts me deeply to dispose of toys, but they were just sitting in baggies and I didn't think I'd ever get around to displaying them and they were too crappy for resale.

Here's an example of one of the boxes. I kept about 10 per cent of the crap.


Purging takes a lot out of a hoarder like me so I'm not going to show off any more items in my collection. Tomorrow is Canadian Thanksgiving, that's when I'll display some items I'm thankful for.

I'll just leave you with a Gatcha that I didn't get stuff from and a random t-shirt.



I'm not a big fan of Goonies, so I'll be giving this one away to someone for their birthday. But who??

Last night, I watched The Curse of the Werewolf, a 1961 Hammer movie with Oliver Reed. I'm going to try and find another one now.
Since today was all about art, I'll leave you with a couple artists' works. Scott Brothers and GB!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails