2026-10-02

Meowzilla!

On this day 3 years ago, I did a post on cats, so I'll do so again. While everyone in America was overjoyed to get Godzilla mashed up with Sanrio characters (a friend picked up a couple for me, I just don't know which ones yet), we here in Japan got some Cats mashed with Godzilla!


 Oops, my mistake. These cats are mashed with Ultraman.

THESE are the cats mashed with Godzilla: 

ゴジにゃ (Goji-nya: nya is the Japanese equivalent of meow) is a set that consists of the following:

Mecha-Gojinya.
 
Fire Gojinya.

Millennium Gojinya.

Mosunya.




Speaking of cats, I saw these at the UFO Catcher but didn't try to win one. (Short of cash AND short of space to store them.)

Here are a couple of Guardian Felines. (Not sure where I put them nor why the photo seems wonky.) 

 

This is a forthcoming movie that I haven't seen any preview for yet, but it promises to be a Purrfectly fine Pixar film.

These Sanrio figures are very creepy. (I hate it when cats stand on their hind legs.)

 

How about some Yokai Watch cats? 

Today's Creatures from my book of Monsters includes a couple of feline felons.

 

I like how Google translates マンティコア as Manticola. Head of a man, body of a lion and the tail of a scorpion is the traditional version. Originally Persian, also adopted by Egyptians and Greeks.


I suspect the feature: "They absolutely love humans" is in the culinary sense, not the romantic one.

Here is Marvel Comics version.

Another feline-based creature is Toukotsu a ferocious Chinese beast.

Here is a slightly cuter version. 

The Treat part of today's Trick or Treat are these yummy brownies.

 

Today's movie will be Practical Magic which I have NEVER seen but want to view before the sequel comes here. It involves witches so I can only imagine it includes a cat as a familiar.

Check out Deadpanflook a fellow blogger and frequent commenter on this very blog.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails