2026-10-10

Kappy Anniversary to ME!

October 10th is usually Thanksgiving in Canada and Sports Day in Japan though both shall be postponed to Monday this year for the holiday. It is also the TWENTY-SEVENTH ANNIVERSARY of my setting foot in Japan!! In the Yokai Countdown, KAPPA is the featured creature. Thus, I shall regale you of a recent trip I made to the Kappa Festival in Shikama Town. I last visited this same festival 3 years ago.

 

I met the same two mascots I met before, though I can't tell if it's the same individuals inside. As you can see, I'm consuming a cucumber, as it is the norm.

 

A very cool statue in the town square.

I ate a HUGE burger from one of the food trucks. It was almost more than I could handle. (I never should have eaten the cuke.)

 

There were a couple of mediocre J-pop groups.


All in all, it was not as enjoyable an event as before. Almost NOBODY was dressed up in Kappa garb, except for the staff.

I suggest you click the link at the top. THAT was a fun day.

I didn't stick around for the lucky draw because it was beginning to drizzle. There may have been a Kappa parade, I don't know. Here is the parade from a video I took those three years ago. Check out all the costumed individuals and Boogie along.

 

Here is my Kappa pal. 


 

In order to celebrate my anniversary, I picked up a couple of cupcakes, but don't really feel like consuming them before bedtime. I'll eat them for breakfast.

 
 

I was in Tendo, Yamagata for a wedding today and I have another one there tomorrow, so off to bed shortly. I did buy a couple of goodies, one in particular is this Jack Frost* character. I don't know much about it but it looks rather funky.


A quick Google shows that he is a "Shin Megami Tensei: Persona Jack Frost Mini Figure vol. 1 TAKARA TOMY (B) 

Sheesh, someone is asking a ton of money for a similar one. I paid 220 yen!

Speaking of Jack Frost, he shows up in my Monster book. 

 

As for another blog to investigate, try 2 Cool Ghouls.

Good night, more mischief tomorrow. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails