2018-10-25

Rend Unto Shisa...

I had my first of the Halloween lessons with Grade 5 kids and here are some worthy of publication.

This is my favourite class at this school and was surprised how few pictures had much merit. I do like this one with ghosts and pumpkins.



This next one is rather creepy.


I love it when the characters have word balloons, especially when they utter Trick or Treat.



An eerie ethereal enigma.




This other class is very noisy and not that great at English yet there is certainly a lot of artistic talent here. For example...
I really dig this group of Trick or Treaters.










Yay, more Trick or Treaters.









No-Face made an appearance or two in the following three pics. I suspect these kids collaborated.




I also love it when kids just throw out random English words and spell them correctly.




And my all-time favourite from today was drawn by a mousy ten-year old girl.

To intersperse a couple of cute ghost-bears with a ghoulish gal is to kawaii/kowaii for words.

These two Kemono Friends are known as シーサー・レフティ (Shisa-Lefty) and シーサー・ライト (Shisa-Right)

 

They're based upon the Left and Right Okinawan Lion Guardians.
(Scammed from WikipediaShisa are wards, believed to protect from some evils. People place pairs of shisa on their rooftops or flanking the gates to their houses, with the left shisa traditionally having a closed mouth, the right one an open mouth. The open mouth shisa traditionally wards off evil spirits, and the closed mouth shisa keeps good spirits in.)

Once again, I've spent too much time puttering around researching this stuff and it's now bedtime. Ciao for now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails