2018-10-11

My Japanniversary!

Yesterday marked the 19th year of my brief visit to Japan. Maybe I'll stick around a while longer. To celebrate, I popped into Mandai to see if there was anything worthwhile spending some money on. Not much, but somehow it added up to over 30 bucks and that's not counting the money spent on a towel. Sheesh.

I picked through for a couple of Gatcha/Choco-Egg figures and landed this pretty cool Fox. It's a Koma-Kitsune, basically a Guardian Fox of the Kawaguchi Shrine.


Dang, now I need the others in this series, especially the Green Fox.


Speaking of foxes, I'll interrupt my purchases with today's Kemono Friend. She's オイナリサマ(Oinari-Sama), the Kami (god) of foxes, rice, and a bunch of other stuff.


For instance, this Fox hangs around outside of the Shrine adjacent to the Todai-ji temple in Nara, Japan.


I told you she was a fox.


Other tidbits I picked up include Cruella and Arlo.


And a classic Kappa from GeGeGe's circle of friends.


I scored two binders full of information about the X-Files. I haven't opened them yet, I'm saving that for a future post.


2 bucks each!


A novelization of TNbC with a ton of pics.


It's a really dumb cartoon, but I couldn't resist them at such a cheap price. Check out this old post for some figures and the theme song in Japanese.






I knew you wouldn't bother clicking the link, so here is the theme song for you...



Hey and Batman Beyond as well! Sure, why not.


I dropped one coin on this and made great progress on winning it. Unfortunately it took me ten more coins to finally land it.


I bought several Pamphlets including this one for セブン Seven with everyone's favourite cop, Brappi. (Brappi is a portmanteau of Brad and Pitt, in case you're wondering.)






Surprisingly, the head villain is not mentioned anywhere in the magazine. Usually Japan is all about spoiling whodunnit. I wonder whatever became of that guy?









Fans of the K-Pop band can always go here: Se7en.

I also picked up two mystery backs full of Halloween treats. I'll pop them open at a later date.

  

Here's to the next 19 years!

I also grabbed a complete set of monster-Gatcha. Details later...
It's been a long time since I paid a visit to the Grim Gallery, why don't you join me?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails