2023-10-20

Nasu job!

I showed my students my large  and then they handled it. I must say, the 4 gals did a great job in turning a large aubergine into a Jack o' Lantern. The large round ones definitely have a tougher interior than their smaller, longer counterparts yet still retain a rubbery skin. Here's the result.



You can check out a brief video here. They did a ナス job. (ナス=nasu=eggplant)
The other 3 gals and a guy worked on an Acorn Squash (コリンキー korinki-). Although the hide is tougher, it's full of seeds and easier to dig out its guts.




You can check out a brief short of this here. This is one case, where they look better at a distance.


It figures, I found a relatively cheap pumpkin at the supermarket. It's larger than any I've seen at the overpriced flower shops but I've already finished my pumpkin carving lesson. Besides the two above cost about 4 bucks total, this pumpkin is 5X that.


It's clouded over today, so this is as good a time as any to introduce you to Rain Boy.



Amefuri Kozou probably translates better as Rainfall Boy. According to that link, Rainfall boys cause the rain to fall. They may steal your umbrella and then let it to rain on your head. I like the following legend:
Rain that falls while the sun is out is known in Japan as kitsune no yomeiri—fox weddings. Kitsune (fox yōkai) hold their weddings during sun showers. Before getting married, kitsune will say a prayer to the amefuri kozō for rain on their wedding day.



He's probably the one who always bullies Charlie Brown.


Here's a new Gatcha I haven't seen before. Spooky!


I didn't bother trying these pastries. Maybe another time.


Here's a hard plastic Venom keychain for ya.


It's my friend's birthday today (actually 4 friends have a birthday today!) and since he likes Quatermass, I'm going to check out the 2005 remake/sequel. I have yet to embed a Daily Motion video. Let's hope this works.
Nope, it didn't. Try this.
Regardless, Happy Birthdays to Alex, Noriko, Kiyo and Marty!

Hey what day of the week is this? Check out the blog. Scare Me on Fridays!

I'm heading to Yamagata tomorrow to see what mischief I can get up to, so tomorrow's entry may be late...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails