2023-10-28

Sleepy Go Lucky.

Yesterday, I showed my Flight Students "Sleepy Hollow" (in English with Japanese subtitles). The squealed with delight and screamed with terror at all the right times. One such moment is this with them harmoniously shouting "Yabai, Yabai, Yabai!!" especially when one is about to be beheaded. (I just checked, I've never reviewed Sleepy Hollow in my blog. I need to rectify that someday.)


I brought my two new Potato and Onion Lanterns to add to their collection of deteriorating veggies.



That eggplant has seen nasu nicer days.


Next Tuesday, I hope to have a Halloween Party and costume parade with them. We'll see how that goes.

Speaking of parties, I attended an event at "Happy Go Lucky", a friend's school downtown Sendai. I wore a succession of masks, not very inventive on my part yet well received by the masses. Here are the highlights of the costumes.




This pair of Wednesday's won first prize, including some jelly beans from me. Most impressive is their "Thing" prop.












I never did learn who was behind the mask in the above pic. Below is that aforementioned friend and main teacher at the school, Apple.


A late addition to the gig, another Wednesday.


I'll be popping into the school later this afternoon, hopefully there'll be a few more costumers.

What is it about just putting a Halloween sticker on a product that forces me to buy it. Hopefully these gyoza will be worth it.



A student once told me the story of an apparition at Himeji Castle who haunted her killer by counting and smashing dishes, driving him loony.


According to this Wiki entry, I may have my Yokai mixed up.


A bit of research and I was thinking of a Yurei, named Okiku as the dish-smasher. The first of these tales tells that story.

Here's an eerie retelling of that tale.


Only a few days left until All Hallow's Eve! Check out Me and You Too, a blog with a ton of cool pics.

2 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

Looks like a fun time!

Michael Jones said...

It was.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails