2021-10-02

 I'm a little late to the ballgame, since having a dude's night out last night and having a lazy Saturday Morning. BUT here we go. The Countdown to Halloween 2021 has begun! First up, I scammed a badge from the head honchos at the previous link.

Now I just need to figure out how to add it to my blog. I'll do that later. (Widgets and Gadgets and Navbars, oh my!) In the interim, click on my 2019 badge to go directly to the other participating blogs. I'm using the crow because of the stupid Crow-na virus also known as Corvid 19.

Speaking of participating blogs, the first one I usually link to is the Wonderful Wonderblog, I have a THING for his first entry.

That's a copy of the poster for the Japanese version of the Thing from Another World. For a few more details and an old blog entry of mine about its John Carpenter remake, click A Thing or Two.

Now onto new business. I hope to link to a Ukiyoe painting daily IF I can find the set of postcards I bought when I went to an Art Museum showcasing the creepier paintings. (See disorganization mentioned above.)


That cute skeleton is (thanks to Wiki) is called 相馬の古内裏 妖怪がしゃどくろと戦う大宅太郎光圀  or "Takiyashi the Witch and the Skeleton Spectre" by Kuniyoshi.


As you can see, the collection was way back in late spring at the Koriyama Museum of Art. So no wonder, I've buried my booty amongst a ton of other loot acquired since then.

I hope to watch a horror a day so the most recent one I watched was Royal Jelly. It's a real stinker, so only watch it if you have a high tolerance for bad Bee Movies.


Today's trick and/or treat, is a treat bought from Aeon Supermarket in Natori. These individual chocolates are darned expensive but incredibly tasty. 


Ah heck, it's my first entry so I'll add a trick. 


It's a pack of Gachapin/Mukku toilet paper!
Now I have to try and track down my set of postcards...

Oops, just remembered. I decided to add a Loot Fright Crate item daily as well. Here is yesterday's t-shirt.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails