2021-10-21

Happy BttF Day!

As we all recall, Marty and Doc fired up their Wayback Machine to October 21, 2015 thus spawning 3 movies of time travel and how it's never a good idea to sleep with your mom.

For some reason there has been an influx of  Back to the Future Gatcha capsules of late. TWO sets of cars (one at 400 yen and one at 500 yen a pop). I haven't gathered up all the rides, yet I did find this guy (BttF 3) last week at half price.

I have the first one as well...somewhere.

Last week, another debuted and I scored Einstein!


I haven't seen this particular machine since I won the above so I haven't snagged any more.

Speaking of driving around, I watched a confusing though cute little vampire movie tonight, Night Teeth. Confusing because I couldn't tell who was hunting whom, cute because the lead couple were so charming.


Today's Ukiyoe is unrelated to vampires, but let's throw in an Oni instead.


That's not a Kuniyoshi, rather it is by Utagawa Yoshitsuya and it's titled, "The Downfall of Shuten-Doji of Oe Mountain." (1858)

A bit of excitement at school when a Murder Hornet decided to pay us a visit. This Suzume-Bachi was huge!


Whoa!



In retrospect, it wasn't that big, just a couple of inches. Alas, as the students were shunted out of the room, the vp and a maintenance guy disposed of it with poison. They couldn't take the chance of it flying back in the room, I suppose. They sting worse than Mohammed Ali!

Finally, today's treat was a cookie. I wasn't sure what I was getting into, but I was pleased with the result.



It's Peter Makai-Jin-Shi. Some other-worldly sprite.

I'd be remiss if I didn't remind you to check out the other bloggers in the Countdown to Halloween, especially since one of our illustrious moderators from Zombie Crossings paid a visit in my comments section yesterday.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails