2021-10-17

Climb Every Mountain!

I went to my weekly card game on Friday as per usual, only this time instead of driving, I brought a six-pack of Corona.

I bought this cool bucket and as a bonus, it came with 6 beers! Afterwards, I went out with a friend and ended up at Karaoke until 5:50 a.m. when the first subway started. Needless to say, I took the day off from blogging yesterday. Besides, it was rainy and gloomy. I did watch the new Syfy show, Day of the Dead, before bed. Kind of cheesy writing with some truly unlikeable characters but the zombie makeup was fairly well done.

I also watched Elvira's Haunted Hills. Good mindless fun.

          

For lunch today, I had a package of ZomRamen.


Unfortunately, one only gets the purple noodles, one needs to add the eyeballs and veggies and any other desired ingredients.


I thought it'd be best to serve it in a Jack bowl.


Here it is in all its purplish yumminess. 


Hey, it comes with a ZomBear comic!


I'll sample the other two packages of ZomRamen in coming weeks.

Not much else going on today so I decided to go climb a mountain...

This video shows the beginning of my journey:


And the actual trek:




It wasn't quite as strenuous trek as I thought it might be.



The translation to the above is as follows:

Japan's lowest mountain "Hiyoriyama" Hiyoriyama is 3.0m above sea level, and according to a survey by the Geospatial Information Authority of Japan in April 2014, it is widely known as "the lowest mountain in Japan". became. It used to be 6.05m above sea level. It is 40m north-south and 20m east-west, and has a good view of the sea side. It is known as a famous place for the first sunrise of the year.

Every year on July 1st, the "Mountain Question of Mt. Hiwa" is held to coincide with the opening of Mt. Fuji, which is the highest in Japan. .. The beginning is said to be an artificial mountain that was adored mainly by locals in 1902, and it was adored for the purpose of observing the sea (day-to-day) and making it a landmark from the sea side. In addition, when the Ofunairibori (now Sadayama Canal) was opened during the Kanbun period (Edo period), earth and sand were piled up, and a fish farm was opened in the Taisho period. There are various theories such as the accumulation of earth and sand when doing so.

In 1991 (1991 AD), it became "the lowest mountain in Japan" in a survey by the Geospatial Information Authority of Japan, but after that, in 1997 (1997 AD), it was handed over to Tempozan (Osaka City). rice field. However, due to the effects of land subsidence caused by the 2011 off the Pacific coast of Tohoku Earthquake (Great East Japan Earthquake) and erosion caused by the tsunami, it became the "lowest mountain in Japan" again. rice field. Ten years have passed since the disaster, and many people have come to visit again, but from now on, it is also a mountain that plays an important role of "passing on the scars of the disaster to posterity."

Traditional Hill Preservation Society.

(Sorry for the Google translation and the blue background.)

Here are a couple of shots of the ocean. First a couple of pano shots.



And a couple of wading birds off in the distance.



After the beach, I drove along for a bit and discovered a mini-shrine at the side of the road parallel to the river. Undoubtedly it was a tribute to the tsunami of a decade ago.


I like the juxtaposition of the pre-tsunami guardian lions and the recent re-sculpts. 



And we have a kick-ass sky in the background.


En route home, I passed a large Garden Centre that I'd always intended of visiting. And it has DINOSAURS!!













There are a few other animals on display (all part of a competition).





I was hoping I'd be able to buy a pumpkin. I haven't seen them for sale anywhere!


These were not for sale. There were a couple of those mini pumpkin-shaped gourds as I came in but the place was closed at 4:30. I did manage to snap some bushes that were in costume.





And some final shots of the sky...



Finally I popped into a BookOff near my home and grabbed a pair of Maleficent Qs.



Finally, here is the t-shirt I wore today, courtesy of LootCrate.


I'll be back tomorrow with more Ukiyoe art.

2 comments:

Deadpan Flook said...

Loving those dinosaurs and the haunted shrubbery! :)

Michael Jones said...

The dinos were a welcome treat. I have been wholly disappointed in the lack of Halloween spirit around this season. It was good to see somewhere that put some effort into it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails