2021-10-28

Kuroneko Day!

Hey, it's National Black Cat Day, a made-up but worthy holiday to celebrate the Black Cat from being a superstitious outcast. Whether you like Sailor Moon's Luna, Sabrina's Salem, or the Hocus Pocus feline, and/or are a big fan of the Marvel villainess, Felicia Hardy, Black Cats are the best. 



Cool, Felicia may be getting her own movie...finally. 

Hey there's even a Black Cat Cafe in Himeji that specializes in only Black Cats.

Also today's movie magnet just happens to be called 亡霊怪猫屋敷 (Bourei Kaibyou Yashiki) which means Black Cat Mansion and it's also directed by Nobuo Nakagawa.

Here is the movie in its entirety, though the title is slightly altered.


I like this poster even better.


Here are a few more posters...



Researching this, I discovered an entire genre of Ghost Cat movies called Kaibyou. The only one I've seen on that list is House but I'll try and rectify that and dig them up. Starting with Kuroneko which means Black Cat.


A few of the kiddies' drawings include cats. Here's a sampling.





I was told that I was NOT allowed to carve the school's pumpkin. Instead, I'm certain it'll be thrown away over the weekend. Sigh. So I started to carve my other veggies beginning with a nasu nice one, an eggplant. I had three criteria. It must be able to fit a candle; it must be edible afterwards; it mustn't be so difficult to cut that I slice my hand open.

The eggplant kind of works and can be fried up afterwards.

Candle is too long.


Needs a bit more hollowing out.


That's about as good as it gets.


The gruesome gourmet.


And I'd be remiss if I ignored Kuniyoshi's love for Cats Lots at that link and a triptych that includes a black cat.


Off to bed now, here is Poe's work, The Black Cat, for you to enjoy. I'm going to read it myself right now.

3 comments:

Deadpan Flook said...

What a great cat-alougue of stuff! 😉🐱‍👤

Dex said...

I love dropping in on the Countdown bloggers and seeing just how much variety there is in what people are talking about this month!

Thanks for being part of the Countdown.

Your Countdown co-host, Dex

Michael Jones said...

Dex, you came on a great day. This was one of my better posts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails