2021-10-12

Dragon my Ass!

One of the Kuniyoshi postcards I purchased is this one of "Recovering the Stolen Jewel from the Palace of the Dragon King" painted way back in 1853.

I can't find much written about it (in English, anyway) so you'll just have to use your imagination.

The postcard shows only about 2/3s of it so I scammed the entire battle from the Met (NY). There are a few other paintings at this link but they are nowhere near as interesting or dramatic.

I've been watching Walking Dead: World Beyond and I just can't get into it this season. Hopefully it'll pick up the pace but for now it's Dragon along. This is one of the stupider scenes:

Felix decides that it is wiser for an inexperienced crossbow archer to shoot the "empty" in the head, perhaps as a tribute to William Tell. Good thing she nailed it and the arrow didn't go through the skull and into Felix. Just...so...dumb...

When at my favourite Gatcha place at the mall, I saw a new series of Mythological Aka-Beko. These are the ones I already own.







That last one appears to be a Dragon Aka-Beko. Oh no, more in the series including a different Dragon!


For no particular reason, I'll end with this Mortal Kombat towel from LootFright. I've never played the game nor seen a movie. Is there a Dragon in it?

I don't have any other Dragon tidbits handy, so that's it for tonight...





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails