2021-10-06

Just Goofing around.

I took the night off yesterday and you'd think I'd put together a double-sized post today. Well, you'd be wrong.

Here is a copy of the flyer for the Ukiyoe exhibit (Click the label "Kuniyoshi or Ukiyoe" for more). 


Upon that flyer are several featured paintings. Such as this giant toad.


Here's the full triptych.


Impressive.

I looked up the title of this piece and it has a whole backstory of it called, Jiraiya Gōketsu Monogatari (児雷也豪傑物語, "The Tale of the Gallant Jiraiyaabout a ninja that can shape-shift into a Giant Toad.  Holy Toady! There's a copy of the original silent movie, Jiraiya the Hero on YouTube!


These two pics are scammed from the wiki page painted by Yoshitoshi.



In less impressive news, here is a Spectral Goofy, I snagged at UFO Catcher. (The others were Mickey, Minnie or Chip and Dale. Meh.)


Hey, here's a shot glass from the Orca. "Show me the way to go home..."


I haven't had time to link to our Ghost Host, Countdown to Halloween 2021 in a while, so click there to see other spooky participating pages. Such as this one. Deadpan Flook who has some vintage Halloween cards on display.

See ya all tomorrow.

Oh yeah, I need to head down to Costco to see if they have any pumpkins for sale. (Probably sold out.) Here was their display a few weeks ago.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails