2021-10-03

Good Enough for Me and Molly McGee.

Good news and bad news. The good news is that I found my collection of Yokai Ukiyoe. The bad news is that that collection consists of only two postcards and several Clear Files. It was my friend, who bought the postcard set and sent them to his sister. (SO Selfish!) Thus, I shall have enough material for a week or two, after that, I'll have to resort to using the InTeRnEt! (Shudder.)

This is the Yoshiwara Sparrows' Temporary Residence done by Utagawa Kuniyoshi back in 1846. Because Yoshiwara Brothels were destroyed in a fire the previous year, they opened their temp residences in Edo. These pictures were made as an advertisement for them, since it was illegal to publish pictures of prostitutes, personified sparrows were done instead.

That photo was taken at the museum, this is what the clear file looks like.


Here's a closeup on the reverse.


And this photo was taken off my computer screen of a site that doesn't allow the old Cut 'n Paste.
 

Cute sparrows!

Speaking of cute, I watched the first two episodes of  The Ghost and Molly McGee. It was pretty good. 



I'll probably continue watching it.

Tonight for dinner, I had some chicken nugget thingies. Look at the packaging and you'll see why.


I shan't be buying these again. 


That is a Loot Fright memo book. I'd rather read a story.

Ah, that's it for tonight. Hopefully I'll be more ambitious tomorrow. 
Can anyone figure out where I scammed today's title from?



3 comments:

Bob Johns said...

But wait did the bun really have a face on it??

Michael Jones said...

Ripped off. It didn't even come with buns, just rectangular patties of "chicken".

Deadpan Flook said...

Halloween Chicken Nuggets? Awesome! There should be Halloween everything as far as I'm concerned.. 😂

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails