2021-10-25

Half a Century!

I delivered Alex's birthday present yesterday, which consisted of a weird werewolf, a tie with a werewolf, and two magnets (which may or may not contain a werewolf). (If you're wondering about today's title, he turned 50!)


       

That long skinny thing on the right is one of five Gatcha-Magnets that feature classic Japanese horror movies. This one eluded us for a while but it does have a crescent moon therefore maybe it has a werewolf. After much searching, it appears to be Fengyun Shichikake Pass directed by Kyotaro Nimiki in 1952. I can't find a video of it nor even any pictures of the content. This may be a still from it. I plan to feature each of these magnets over the next four days.

I gave a Scarlett Witch Clear File and a Venom Clear File to his two kids, they can fight over who gets which.


I also gave up 2 masks which are just a tad too tiny for me yet should adorn their faces well.

Alex is in the enviable position whereas he is a frequent recipient of Halloween presents from his family. My family never got my infatuation with the spooky. (I blame Jesus for having a birthday on the same day as me!) So around his house are several cheery eerie items that just brighten darken the place up.








He scored several lanterns from a school trip that they were just going to toss out. He repurposed them and gave his son the task of painting them.


We interspersed them amongst the spider-infested bushes and trees around his abode. 



Here's an example of how they turned out.


On the way home, I went to a Farmers' Market hoping to find a pumpkin. I did NOT, though I did buy several large vegetables that I hope to carve over the following week as a substitute for same. This covid-safe Anpanman sits in the parking lot.


While preparing for my first Halloween lesson, I rummaged through my old costumes and noticed that one of the scariest masks I own has succumbed to mold. I'm not even going to bother salvaging it and tossed it in the trash.


That may be the trick, the treat part of the day was scoring Mickey and Minnie at Mandai at a third of the Gatcha cost.


I already have Goofy, now I just need Chip and Dale.


That's it for tonight, I have Halloween lessons all week and I need all my strength to keep from yelling at the eager brats who mangle my costumes.

2 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

Sounds like a lot going on! I also hit the big 50 this year, so Happy Birthday to Alex! And good luck this week!

Michael Jones said...

I should have spread my Halloween lessons over two weeks. I have about 200 pictures to go through already and I still have two days of lessons to go.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails