2023-12-16

Oi To the World!

Here's the tally for favoured Peanuts characters from CBC (Charlie Brown's Christmas) other than Snoopy. Pigpen wins with 4/8, 2 for CB and 2 for Linus. As expected, they oohed with Kawaii whenever Snoopy was on screen. And they all giggled with delight at the dancing. (I would be remiss if I didn't add a video on that very subject, proffered by a commenter yesterday.


After the special, I taught them how to properly read off a telephone number and gave a little listening quiz featuring the Peanuts gang. Can you guess why this is Snoopy's phone number? 111-1111-1111.


Tonight, I watched a new animated special called Merry Little Batman about the hijinks that Damien Wayne gets up to in Gotham City when criminals steal his Utility Belt.


I was taken aback by the artwork (Ronald Searle-esque) at first though soon got caught up in the story and it grew on me. Judge it for yourself.


I don't ever recall hearing this Punk tune before, now I'm going to play it every Christmas.


Here's the rest of the soundtrack.


And this is a Kinky tune that played over the opening credits.


If you can find this movie, give it a chance. It's quite fun...

Finally, my brother sent me a photo with a blast from the past. These Three Kings were made by my mom in the 70s/80s and she would sell them at the Perpetual Bazaar, a place for buying handicrafts made by Brampton locals.


They've held up quite well for fifty-year old crafts!

2 comments:

Eric said...

Like a lot of Christmas songs, "Oi to the World" got covered by a big-name act. https://youtu.be/ZFLExwIQKto?si=O7rbntelbKLecCxH

Michael Jones said...

I have no doubt that someone must have covered it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails