2023-12-10

The Buzz about Woody.

I was looking over my Kubrick Buzz Buzzard and a thought came to me, "Were Woody & Buzz of Toy Story fame named after Woody Woodpecker and Buzz Buzzard?" Doubtful. Woody was named after Woody Strode the cowboy-movie star and Buzz after Aldrin. OR according to another Google search, "In 1952, Walt Disney hired 2 men from the Stanford Research Institute to find the site of the park and do preliminary load studies. Their names: Economist Harrison “Buzz” Price and CV “Woody” Wood!" Irregardless, I do like my Kubrick Buzz.

This came out around 2003, just as The New Woody Woodpecker Show was winding down. Ooh, there's an Oswald out there somewhere...


The set consists of 5 characters from the show and appears to have been a UFO Catcher exclusive.





Here's an X-Mas episode of the show.


I immediately caught the voice of the landlady as Andrea Martin, I never could decipher Buzz. Aha! Mark Hamill doing a Joker/Buzzard hybrid. There are a few lines from Fargo in this. Cool.

About a decade ago, I visited USJ in Osaka and wandered through the Woody room. I may have pictures somewhere though I'm way too disorganized to find them. I vaguely recall watching this interactive documentary.


I ended up watching The Ghost in the Invisible Bikini last night. Highlights were of course Basil Rathbone and Boris Karloff, though Eric von Zipper was fun too. Needs more Nancy Sinatra! Beware, it's neither funny nor scary!


Hmm, bedtime soon, what should I watch tonight?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails