2023-12-07

Rugrats, I've Had a Few...

Full disclosure: I have NEVER EVER seen an episode of Rugrats nor do I know much about it. With that in mind, here are the eponymous infants in a Santa special.


Observation: Angelica Pickles is the worst! And therefore the best! She deserves coal!

 

Upon seeing a picture of her voice actress, Cheryl Chase, I thought, hmm I've seen her before. Sure enough, she crops up every now and then on my FaceBook feed whenever Cartoon Historian, Jerry Beck posts something. (They recently got hitched after dating for 33 years!)

Observation: stellar voice cast in this show. I immediately noticed David Doyle as Grandpa. He's still around? Tony Jay is still around? Jack Riley is still around? Yes, when the episode aired back in 1992, they were, regretfully, not now.

Observation: Japanese kids are too polite to tug on Santa's beard. Mostly.

Okay, I was at the Kokusai/International Center teaching a bevy of students and afterwards we went to a cool and surprisingly inexpensive restaurant for lunch.



Any place with a Kappa within is okay in my books.


Crossing the bridge over the Hirose River, I espied a bird.



I knew it was a 鷺 (sagi) and translates as either Heron or Egret depending on whether it's blue or white. My student called it an Egret. SO...egrets = regrets = My Way = Regrets I've had a few = how do I make this Christmassy? = Regrets  = Rugrats = Surely they must have had a Christmas Special. There, Blog post title figured out. (It's sad how my brain works.)

I also popped into a new building next to the City Museum and snapped a few pics.





Santa has a party tomorrow...Off to bed!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails