2023-12-19

Stocking Stuffers!

I teach a class of 8 students who all wish to work in an airport someday (not pilots or flight attendants, just airport staff.) Tomorrow is our last lesson before Christmas break, so we're having a little soiree. I have a couple of games planned, and I thought I'd give them each a Christmas Stocking. First, I didn't go out and buy them all stockings, I utilized some random socks whose mate has gone into the laundry Twilight Zone.

If they wish to keep the sock, that's fine. If they choose to, you can be assured, that's when the mate will appear. First item in the sock is a Snoopy egg. This is the set, they are getting my doubles (and if they wish, they can have triples as well.)

Similarly, in order to complete a set of these Hamtaro-Gojira hybrids, I have several doubles, so they get one of these too.

Last year, I bought a Lucky Bag from a Drugstore and received a set of 10 vials of Nail Polish. In the sock it goes. As well as a sheet of Nail Art decals.


Finally, they all get a KitKat. I forgot to insert them into the stocking, so they can be prizes for the Bingo game.


I feel bad for the one dude in the class of all gals, but he can always give the loot to his mom or sister. Just in case, I set aside a Street Fighter for him, I know he's a gamer.


So Michael, is this just an excuse for you to get rid of some of your excess stuff? NO, not at all. I put a lot of thought into these Stockings.

No time for a Christmas movie today for I was busy downtown and then watched Maestro at one of the Repertory Cinemas. Pretty good, and if Bradley Cooper and/or Carey Mulligan are neglected at the Oscars, there'll be heck to pay.

 


I walked several blocks to City Hall and decided to take in the sights at Kotodai Park. 


They'd set up a Christmas Market with several food booths and a skating rink. I think I just missed the stage show, for I caught a glimpse of a few cheerleaders walking away.


Lots of Santas strewn about.




Can you tell us apart? 







The rink.



Some of the booths.


I had an apple pie.


It was 6:30 so I spent a half hour wandering around waiting for the Hikari Pageant to Illuminate.


I perched myself down at a few minutes before the lights came on. You can capture that moment with me if you click on this short video. Here is the aftermath.




En route home...


I'll let you know what my students think of their Christmas stockings tomorrow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails