2023-11-16

7-5-3!

GOvember Day 15. 

November 15th is 七五三 or 7-5-3 Day here in Japan, a day to celebrate 3-year old girls, 5-year old boys and 7-year old girls to celebrate growth and well-being, and give kiddies an opportunity to dress up in kimono and show off. I'm impressed, this lad says that he wants to grow up to be Godzilla.

Today, I have several items that kids might enjoy. I know I enjoy them and I'm the oldest kid I know. From pencils...

 

 

 


to clamps,

 

to keychains and whistles,

 

to spark-breathing toys,



to a plunger doodad,


to a paperclip.


This next item may not be for kids, but this one is all right because it's out of lighter fluid.





And these stamps are the oldest item that I still own. I got these from a gumball machine back in the early 80s. They were in front of a supermarket and my buddy Ed and I would pool our quarters to get as many different ones that we could.

Happy Shichigosan!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails