2023-11-29

King Kong Dies and Lives!

 I did not expect Day 28 of GOvember to end up this way, but it did.

I had two extra lessons at my Airline School today, so I got home late. By the time I ate dinner, King Kong Lives was half over. To be followed by the 1976 King Kong. (Sentence fragment alert!) I settled down, finished watching the ending of KKL with a very kawaii Linda Hamilton and decided to crack a beer and watch Dino de Laurentis's King Kong. What follows are snippets of me spamming a friend as a running commentary throughout the movie.


My rankings of Kong movies varies as I watch each film. #1 is ALWAYS 1933 KK, #2 is Skull Island, #3 is 2005 KK. '76 just bumped Peter Jackson. (If I re-watch PJKK, my ranking may change again.)


Addendum: a pre-Alien & ET Carlo Rambaldi did the special effects.





Apologies for the WTC gag.


Then King Kong Lives starts again as the Twitch cycle repeats itself.


I left the comfort of my headphones and tv for I just got to the part of KKL that I'd already seen.

This screenshot of King Kong Lives is far superior to the actual movie.


At this point, I dozed off at my computer and woke up two hours or so later.

That's where I find myself now. So, lets just add a quick GOvember Godzilla entry as I'm running out of days in the month.

These are Godzilla Finger Puppets, Series 1.



Let's see if I can find series 2.



There we go. I don't have any work tomorrow (another reason for my weekday drinking binge), so I might just watch PJKK or KKSI tomorrow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails