2023-11-01

GOvember!

It's November 1st and normally I'd be saddened by the end of Halloween, especially since next year is a Leap Year, making the wait until next Halloween even longer! But...it's also the 70th 69th Anniversary of Gojira's debut on Friday so to celebrate, I'm going to try and do a daily GOvember post (not Movember which has something to do with shaving one's moustache, I think). We'll see whether I get bored with it in a few weeks.


Here is a few Calendar pages for November. Some mention November 3rd as Culture Day which is odd since we all know it as Godzilla Day.



Not even last year gets it right.


John Carpenter is getting in on the act by having a movie marathon


Looks like fun!
Speaking of fun, I thought I'd just showcase a few of my smaller stuffed Kaiju. (Mainly because they're readily accessible.)



This one may look dusty (it is) but not as bad as when I first got it. Some old guy who works in a nearby toy store gave it to me as a present when I popped into his (frequently closed) store.
Here she is singing on Mothra's Day a few years back.


Here's a more recent purchase (only 390 yen!) of a far cuter Mothra.



Far more expensive (yet no less cute) because I had to win it at UFO Catcher is this larger Mothra.



Speaking of cute and since we just had Halloween is a Hamster dressed up as Godzilla or it's a wacky nuclear accident that combined the two.




Another one of those 390 yen purchases is this rather derp Godzilla. Not very cute.



A far less derpy one is this guy. His eyes are hypnotic!



I have a few more Kaiju kicking around and I'll show them off later. 

I just bought my ticket for the new movie Godzilla: Minus One. It promises to be a blast!


2 comments:

Deadpan Flook said...

Loving the Godzilla/Hamster combo, although it does look a bit like it might just be Godzilla enjoying a snack….

Michael Jones said...

There will be further Gojira/Hamster combos as the month progresses.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails