2023-11-20

Gameraversary!

A last minute decision to take a quick trip to Morioka on Saturday meant no post on Saturday. A last minute bout of writer's block and and all-day apartment cleaning session meant no entry on Sunday. Now Monday is almost up and I have some catching up to do.


To help pay for the trip, I brought along a couple of items that would bring me some spare moolah. Such as a couple of large Gamera that were never opened and take up a lot of space. Did you know it was the 58th Anniversary of Gamera's debut?

 
 
Mickey Mouse turned 95 as well, this should get me a few bucks.


Last time, I had some success in selling some of my model kits (the doubles, naturally), so I tried again.

 

Our first stop heading north was at the Mandai in Furukawa that does not offer much cash for goods, so I saved my items. I did though make a purchase on credit with the hopes of making back that money. I bought 5 Kuji and was the first one to do so at this store. I chose my five and the first one I opened was the top prize!!!



 

Woohoo! I also received some secondary prizes such as three magnets, an art card, and an acrylic stand




I sold my goods at Morioka Mandai* (*not called Mandai, rather Yorozuya) and made 5400 yen. I bought a total of 6 Kuji at 900 each. Basically, the above items were free!

Not much else of note on this trip, it was rainy and foggy so sightseeing was useless. I did find a Family Mart that sold the Godzilla coffee and this time I got a medium which comes in a red cup!



On the way back, we discovered that another Yorokuza has opened up near Hanamaki so a fact-finding mission was in order.



They have the cutest little mascot, I wish they had one for sale.

 

I didn't buy one, though this tentacle goes in one ear and out the other. Cool!?!


I bought a towel and an enormous art card and got two acrylic movie titles. This place has the largest selection of Godzilla goods outside of Akihabara! Next time I go, I'll bring a list.


All in all, Saturday was a really good productive day!
Sunday was spent sleeping in, lazing around and then cleaning out my desk area, which took ALL NIGHT LONG (it hasn't been cleaned in a while).

So apart from this, I don't have any Godzilla goods to show off from yesterday.

I sure do wish that floppy discs were usable, those screen savers are nice. 

I need to watch the new Monarch Netflix show, so I can review it later...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails