2023-11-18

Coffee and Cookies and Kaiju.

 Day 17 of GOvember finds me in a pleasant state for a change.

Sure it was a gloomy rainy day all day but as I type this now, it's serene and peaceful.

The morning started out great, I found a Family Mart that wasn't sold out of Godzilla coffee cups.


After work, I found a binder at a Bookoff for two bucks.


And I popped into Mandai to see if I could win a stuffed Goji. No such entity. BUT, there was a box of cookies...


It took a few tries but I was ultimately successful.



And you get a large sticker (1 of 6)


The cookies themselves weren't to my taste, so my students next week will get a treat.


Uh oh. A new Godzilla Kuji starts tomorrow! Caveat Emptor!!

I've just completed watching two Godzilla movies and am now ready to deliberate. Movie One was Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla 2 which includes a special guest appearance by Rodan (ラドン) who has been caring for an egg. Whoa! It hatches and it's not her baby, it's in fact Baby Godzilla! Godzilla and Rodan have a battle at one point and destroy Sendai Station!! Woohoo, nice to see the hometown get a mention.

Scammed from Wikizilla

Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II

After Rodan transformed into Fire Rodan, he began flying south from Adonoa Island at high speed, with one of the cities he was sighted over being Sendai. Rodan flew low over Sendai Station, triggering several massive explosions as he continued on his journey to intercept and rescue BabyGodzilla.

Check it out for yourself!



Well, the MechaGodzilla kills GodzillaRodan dies; Rodan's essence sprinkles over GodzillaGodzilla is re-energized. Then Godzilla walks off into the sunset with his son in tow. Happy ending!

Movie two is a treat, featuring my second favourite Kaiju, Anguirus! Before discovering Godzilla et al. I adored dinosaurs and my all-time fave was Ankylosaurus. No wonder, I took a liking to his irradiated cousin. Anyway, Godzilla kills Anguirus and then gets buried in ice at the end of the movie. Oh well.


Isn't he adorable?


Okay, I'm off to bed, I'm going to Morioka tomorrow to see if I can sell some stuff, so I can afford other stuff!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails