2023-11-05

The Return of Shin-kun.

Day 4 of Govember!


Because stateside it is still November 3rd, Godzilla Day was going strong. Cue the most influential of the moviesGojira (1954), The Return of Godzilla (1984), and Shin-Godzilla (2016). Rewatching Gojira for the umpteenth time, though this time with subtitles, was a treat, the ending still crushes me. No poor dubbing and no Steve Martin (the Wild and Crazy Raymond Burr is only in the American version). Steve also shows up 30 years later in the American Return though the version I saw today he was absent from work that day. And as for Shin, that's a movie that you really need subtitles for. I had forgotten how long-winded this movie is, I shan't complain about the loquacious Minus One again.

Let's take a look at a couple of pictures of Shin-kun (my faithful pet) as he chows down on a temple.


Here Shin-kun tries to quench his thirst.

Check out these links as Shin-kun attacks the Statue of Liberty in what might be one of my most viewed shorts, and then he goes head to head vs. Gundam.

I'd photographed a whole bunch of Dai-Kaiju Plush but I'll show them off tomorrow. Instead here is a pair of Godzilla that I picked up for a decent price over a year ago. I noticed the same prize in a UFO Catcher the other day, so it may be making a comeback.

I was just ready to start doing something constructive when an AIP Movie I'd never seen showed up on my DKU channel.

Warning from Space (1956) is similar in tone to many many other sci-fi movies with the exception that the aliens actually ARE friendly. The DC Comic villain Starro owes a debt to this movie.




And then I watched Atragon, mainly because I wanted to see my favourite underwater Kaiju, Manda
A little more gruesome than I remembered.



I wonder how many more of those AIP movies I can watch before I fall asleep.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails