2023-11-07

Mind the Gappa.

Day 6!

Last night I watched Majin, The Monster of Terror, (American version, 1967); I know it better as Daimajin, or Honking huge statue saves a village by an evil ruler. I'd seen it a year ago subbed, it was nice to watch a dubbed version so I didn't have to pay much attention and just poke my head in when the Golemesque Goliath stomps about.


Give me a sec, I think I have a small figure of the majestic Majin.

Hey cool, Series Two has him in his statuesque form before being brought to life.


And Series One has him in his mobile form ready to crush any interlopers.



Before bed, I lay down to eagerly watch Monster from a Prehistoric Planet! I've never seen that one! Or so I thought, its actual title is Gappa: The Triphibian Monster which I've seen a few times. But I haven't seen it dubbed since I was a kid, so I viewed the goofy flick.


You don't really need to watch much more of than that clip, all the Kaiju action is right there.


I've spent the day digging through a half dozen big boxes stuffed with Godzilla Goodies (Goodyzilla?) and found a mini-Gappa.

 

I spent this morning watching the tail end of The Meg and then Monster Hunter while rummaging. I still had lots to go through with my hoard so I watched 4 episodes of Richard Osman's House of Games and caught up on Fear the Walking Dead.
Now it's bedtime and I haven't even prepared a lesson for tomorrow. Ah well, there's always tomorrow morning...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails